Thursday, September 24, 2009

EUROCALL 2009 - after the conference: new VW SIG

EUROCALL 2009 in Spain was fantastic: perfect location, great food, super social events and excellent presentations. I ran a workshop on Second Life for newbies, assisted by my wife Sally, who acted as a fashion consultant to the ladies. We had 14 people in a state-of-the art lab equipped with computers with excellent graphics cards and big high-resolution display screens. The workshop ran without a hitch for three hours and then I gave a plenary presentation on a big screen to 50 local teachers, with a contribution from Randall Sadler speaking to us from the USA.

Randall Sadler (representing CALICO) and I (representing EUROCALL) have set up a joint Virtual Worlds Special Interest Group (VW SIG) for CALICO and EUROCALL members. 20 people were present at the launch meeting at EUROCALL 2009. I presented the EUROCALL HQ to the meeting and Randall was there "virtually" to give us a tour of the CALICO facilities next door, including his fabulous new castle holodeck. Further information on the new SIG has just been announced at the EUROCALL website:

http://www.eurocall-languages.org/sigs/vwsig.html

Regarding the Virtual Strand, you can replay the CoveritLive events via this blog and our Twitter feeds are still live at @EuroCALLVirtual:
http://twitter.com

Graham Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Virtual Strand Live Blog